Friday, May 4, 2018

LEARN WITH ME VIDEO SHARE: DIY Silk Screen

Do you like t-shirts with printed images on them? Do you know how those images are placed on the shirt? One technique is called Silk Screening.
This is painting by me, Anita Berglund. I paint with Acrylic paint, 
the same paint used for silkscreening on polymer clay and other surfaces.
This technique can be used on polymer clay surfaces as well as others. But today I want to share some DIY video tutorials from others on how to create your own silk screen They can be expensive and besides as a visual artist, I love very opportunity to create my own images/designs.

To Create Your Own  SILKSCREEN You will Need:
πŸ’“A pair of panty hose, piece of silk or a piece of sheer curtain 
πŸ’“A jar of Mod Podge or a decoupage medium that is dishwasher safe so the screen can be washed.
πŸ’“An image that is drawn on paper
πŸ’“A Embroidery hoop or m\a frame then duct tape to secure the screen part tightly to
πŸ’“Marker or something to draw image with
πŸ’“A Silicone or Teflon craft mat (optional)
πŸ’“One tutorial calls for using Freezer paper
When it is time to use your silkscreen on Polymer Clay, you will need:
πŸ’“acrylic paint. Or as one polymer clay video shows below, you can use the dry method. For that way, use mica, pigment or chalk powders.
πŸ’“A Squeegee or old bank card as a scraper device
πŸ’“A tub of water to wash silkscreen immediately or the paint will dry and ruin your DIY  silkscreen
πŸ’“Your polymer clay sheet, ready to be silkscreened

To inspire ideas about what silkscreen printing can do for polymer clay, first,  I will share some related videos!
POLYMER CLAY AND SILKSCREEN











DIY SILK SCREEN: MAKING THE SCREEN FOR PRINTING







I am going to try making my own design and silk  screen. When I do, I will be sharing all about that. Just need to order a few materials first!

If you try this, share our pics and thoughts at our HeArtfully Creating Facebook Group here And/or my HeArtfully Creating Facebook page.

Thanks for stopping by!
HeArtfully Creating
Anita

Connect Some More With Us!

Be sure to share your creations with us at our Heartfully Creating's Facebook Group

"LIKE" HeArtfully Creating Here on FACEBOOK

A BERGIE CREATION - at Etsy, my handmade jewelry shop

ABC On Twitter

No comments: