Thursday, February 8, 2018

Polymer Clay Journey: Sgraffito Time - Scratch And See


Yesterday, I shared a new post with video about metal leafing, click here to see. And I said I was making a post with video tutorial about ways to incorporate metal leafing into or onto polymer clay.

Below is the video. It is meant to offer some ideas and inspire you to give metal leaf a try while using polymer clay.

Childhood Art Making Memory...
Sgraffito is one of the techniques I will be talking about. It is about scratching an image into the surface, revealing what is underneath. In fact, it was my dear Dad who first taught me scratch art (that is what we called it back then,). I suggest trying this method. We would cover a sheet of paper with a variety of colours using crayons. Then, using a heavy black oil pastel or a crayon that can coat the colours well. Then taking a metal scratching tool, like an eyeglass screw driver, start removing the black layer. That will reveal the colour underneath. I would just make lines and designs or you can draw an objective image. Watch the video below to learn what Objective and non-objective art is.

Watch the Video Below

Question for you today is?
What do you prefer?
A) Do you like drawing?
B) Do you like sculpting in polymer clay?
C) Do you like painting?
D) Are you still trying to find what art making method you prefer? 

HeArtfully Creating,
Anita

Subscribe! Like and Share!! (if you want of course :o)


"LIKE" HeArtfully Creating Here on FACEBOOK

Bergie Creation Shop Blog


A BERGIE CREATION - at Etsy, my handmade jewelry shop

 LIKE ABC On Facebook

ABC On Twitter

YOU Tube Channel

Pinterest



No comments: