Saturday, January 13, 2018

Polymer Clay Journey: A PractiCLAY Project- Decorate Your Olive Oil Bottles

Hello everybody! Hope you are having a satisfying Saturday. It seems like it's been along time since I made a new tutorial. Well this one is another one of those practical Polymer clay Projects. Or as I like to collect practiCLAY- Get it? Okay maybe not that funny, But I try.

My husband brought home some new oil bottles from one of our favourite stores Canadian Tire. Of course now that I use polymer clay, When I see plain glass or something smooth and shiny that can go in an oven, and yes even tin cans, wooden boxes, anything I can go In the oven at 275°F....I envision covering it with polymer clay somehow. Blank canvases, Waiting to be Decorated.
Blank surfaces, waiting to be decorated. Time flies by faster than one realizes. And "life" as it happens, doesn't always permit time for having fun.

But I made sure I got to have fun This past week. The smooth Boring glass oil bottles Look pretty good If I do say so myself, And so does my husband.

Here is the video tutorial if you want to see What I did...
Watch below


Finishing notes:
Now they watch the video, You'll notice that I didn't discuss how I protected the polymer clay decorations on the bottles.
Because this technique is the same one used to make window clingies, The words Olive and Canola, Could just peel right off. So I made sure That the words were cut out As one connected piece. Once it was all baked and cooled, I coated the surface with an epoxy resin. I did push the resin past some of the letters Onto the glass, Hoping it would make sure The decorations stay on okay.

Any thoughts ideas or questions? I would love to hear from you.
Please join our Facebook group And we have a Facebook page as well.
And here are The links below to stay connected.

Thanks for stopping by.
Hope you are inspired even just a little, To try doing A PractiCLAY Project.

As well, there's some more links below if you want to connect even more. I don't just have this blog, there's a few more things you can check out if you want to.

Subscribe! Like and Share!! (if you want of course :o)

Come and join my HeArtfully Creating Group on Facebook.
Here is where you can show us your original artwork, questions and thoughts here. There is a guideline page.

"LIKE" HeArtfully Creating Here on FACEBOOK

Bergie Creation Shop Blog

A BERGIE CREATION - at Etsy, my handmade jewelry shop

 LIKE ABC On Facebook

ABC On Twitter

YOU Tube Channel

Pinterest


No comments: