Friday, March 11, 2016

SNEAK PEEK TIME- POLYMER CLAY JOURNEY: MOKUME GANE TECHNIQUE NEW DESIGNS

hot pink, orange, red and white
It has been a fast paced winter working away on new polymer clay designs using the Mokume-Gane technique. Here is a link describing this ancient Japanese metal working technique. It was originally used to create a wood grain look using layers and layers of metals.
A beautiful effect that works in a similar way with layers of polymer clay sheets.

I am so excited about finally having a few different colour palettes of new mokume-gane technique  poly clay designs, that I wanted to share a sneak peak of my next HeArtfully Creating article/ accompanying video.

So take a look and see what you can create by layering 3-4 different colours together in thin sheets. Because the pieces that I will be creating using these clay designs will be jewelry items in my Etsy shop - A Bergie Creation, I love naming my pieces and mokume-gane designs, but this is so hot off the "press" that I haven't had a chance to name anything. yet.. 

What I am making using the pink/red/orange palette





Until next time!
HeArtfully Creating,
Anita

Check Out A Bergie Creation here:
"Like" A Bergie Creation Facebook page here:
Here is a Mokume Gane Block ready to be sliced and used in my designs

Here is a sampling of a few designs.

Made a couple of pretty colourful rings...just the beginning.

No comments: